Topics to write about on your auto dealership blog
Without exception, every car dealership website out there should be blogging regularly. There are absolutely zero exceptions to this rule. However, one of the things that most businesses have difficulty with is actually coming up with topics for the blog.
In fact; coming up with topics is one of the main reasons as to why auto dealers avoid blogging altogether. On this page we are going to take a little look at potential topics for our clients who run their own auto dealerships.
Why should car dealers write articles on their website?
The main goal of blogging is to draw people to your website in order to make a purchase. This means that blogging needs to be one of two things; highly related to the content of your website so it ranks well in search engines like Google and actually useful to the people that land on your website. The latter is far more important than the search engine part.
Used car dealerships need to be reputable. They need to demonstrate that they deliver high quality products and actually know what they are talking about when they sell cars. If you come across as a trustworthy car dealer then you can bet your bottom dollar that you stand a much better chance of making sales.
In our view, the following points are going to be absolutely fantastic topics for a car dealership to blog about:
- Your inventory. You should start by blogging a little bit about the types of vehicles that you have in your inventory. This is incredibly important for SEO purposes. After all; it is likely that people will be searching for a very specific brand of car when they head to the search engines. From a reputation point of view this is also going to be useful. You get to educate people on the various cars that you offer at your dealership. People love being educated. It may even end up saving your sales staff time when it comes to trying to score a sale!
- History of Dealership. This topic allows you to convey the reputation of your company. After all; companies that have been in business for a number of years are far more experienced and far more likely to know what they are talking about. It also enables the website visitor to sort of establish a ‘rapport’ with your company as they start to learn. Put a face on your dealership and people will find you more approachable.
- Employees’ Background. Talking about your staff is also important. This will help to establish familiarity with website visitors, because once they start to know something about somebody, they are much more likely to trust them. It also helps you to demonstrate that your employees have experience in the world of car retail. People will therefore see them as experts.
- Auto Maintenance tips are another great way to demonstrate to the people who visit your site that you have a decent amount of experience in maintaining cars. This also gives the impression that each car is looked after before you sell it, which is a positive thing for buyers.
- Financing Options are important to people. You see, you need to demonstrate to people that they can actually afford a car if they look into the right options. It also demonstrates that you care about people being able to afford one of your vehicles. DealerPlatform has the financing calculator ‘baked in’ to the website, so all you have to do is help your customers see how much car they can afford, then show them that car in your inventory.
This is obviously a very broad introduction to the world of what you can blog about on your auto dealership blog. It is likely that you will be able to find a couple of months’ worth of topics in that list alone though.